Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Release 2 (R2), formerly known as SQL Server Code-Named “Kilimanjaro”, is one of the most important releases of Microsoft SQL Server from 2008. Books Online is the primary documentation for this SQL Server release.
Installing SQL Server 2008 R2 Books Online upgrades your existing SQL Server 2008 version of Books Online. If you upgrade, be aware that the content and help topics now describe tools and features of SQL Server 2008 R2. To reinstall SQL Server 2008 Books Online, you must first uninstall SQL Server 2008 R2 Books Online. Because SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 R2 share components, you cannot have side-by-side installations of Books Online on the same machine.
Books Online includes the following types of information:
- Setup and upgrade instructions.
- Information about new features and backward compatibility.
- Conceptual descriptions of the technologies and features in SQL Server.
- Procedural topics describing how to use the various features in SQL Server.
- Tutorials that guide you through common tasks.
- Reference documentation for the graphical tools, command prompt utilities, programming languages, and application programming interfaces (APIs) that are supported by SQL Server.
- Descriptions of the sample databases and applications that are available with SQL Server.